CLP Lawyers have extensive expertise in the area of Owners Corporation Law. We understand the complexities and nuances involved in the Owners Corporation industry given the increased number of vertical communities and large suburban estates arising due to the urban sprawl.
CLP Lawyers act for a number of Victoria’s largest and most prestigious Owners Corporations, estates, communities, shopping centres and suburban apartment complexes and townhouse complexes.
CLP Lawyers have provided voluminous numbers of advices on matters including:
- Use and enjoyment of common property
- Boundary definitions
- Owners corporation rules
- Apportionment of expenses
- Committee powers, delegation and the duty of good faith
- Disposal of common property and amendment of Plans of Subdivision
- Appointment of administrators
- Establishment and structuring of Owners Corporations
- Management, administration and governance
- Meeting and ballot procedures
- Voting rights
- Conversions of company shares and stratum title schemes to Plans of Subdivision
- Common property defects, repairs, maintenance and upgrade works including the application of the “benefit principle”
- Appointment and removal of Managers
- Interpretation of case law and relevant legislation including the Owners Corporations Act 2006, Owners Corporations Regulations 2007, Subdivision Act 1988 and Subdivision (Procedures) Regulations 2011
CLP Lawyers regularly appear at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on behalf of Owners Corporations and their members in relation to Owners Corporation disputes including those relating to the enforcement of Owners Corporation Rules and the Act, building disputes and debt recovery. Of course CLP Lawyers strive to negotiate and settle any dispute at the earliest opportunity.
In addition to providing advice and legal representation in disputed matters, CLP Lawyers also regularly draft the following documents for Owners Corporations:
- Special Rules
- Special Resolutions
- Leases and Licences
- Deeds and Agreements
- Ballot documentation
- Notices of Meetings
CLP Lawyers understands the importance of keeping the Owners Corporation industry informed of updates to legislation and case law relating to Owners Corporations as well as providing Managers with useful tips on how to more efficiently and effectively manage difficult Owners Corporations. CLP Lawyers regularly hold seminars and information sessions for Managers and would be pleased to hear from anyone who would like CLP Lawyers to attend their office and give a seminar on a topic of their choice.